At Cave Spring Cellars we respect your right to privacy on the Internet. We voluntarily adhere to the Canadian Standards Association "Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information," which also ensures that we comply with the Canadian federal government's privacy legislation, the "Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.”
- Cave Spring Cellars of Jordan, Ontario and its related companies and subsidiaries may collect personal information on visitors to this website.
- Most of the activities you will do on this site will not result in personal information being collected by us. If you subscribe to any services offered on the site, or use our online store, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. However, if you do, Cave Spring Cellars may ask that you provide us with personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including postal or ZIP code), e-mail address and telephone number. Some of this information is required to participate in those activities. Should you choose not to provide the requested information, you will not be able to engage in the activity.
- The information we collect may be used to: (i) contact you for marketing purposes; (ii) notify you of updates to our website; (iii) improve the content of our website; and (iv) personalize the content and/or the layout of our website for your personal profile. If you supply us with your postal address when prompted, your address will only be used for mailings directly associated with the activity in which you were engaging. In other words, Cave Spring Cellars will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about you to any third party without first receiving your permission. Cave Spring Cellars does not rent, trade or sell your personal information to others. Information collected is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
- When you register with Cave Spring Cellars or place orders, we offer you a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. All user information we collect is protected against unauthorized access. We endeavour to ensure that our system is protected by the latest Internet security protocols.
- In order to analyze site traffic and to provide personalized services, we may use a feature of your browser called Cookies. Our Cookies pose no security risk to you at all. They contain no personal information, and only provide a special string of code that tells our server that you are a past user of our site. No personal information is stored within the Cookies. Please accept any Cookies that we wish to send to your computer. You can turn off the Cookie warning by selecting preferences or options from your browser's menu, and turning off the warning toggle.